Provides data management support through statistical analysis and data modelling.
- Building and maintaining a data platform (AWS). Build a big data strategy for our platform and supporting data management functions for business needs.
- Perform statistical analyses, data modelling, data and visualization
- Manage and support data engineering tasks on the cloud, including data catalogue management, ETL/ELT, data warehousing, sizing.
- Knowledge of ML with respect to data on AWS is a plus.
- Develops methodology and processes for prioritization and scheduling of projects.
- Experience with MySQL and Postgres (RDS)
- Participate in engineering projects and follow project governance standards, including user requirement study, system analysis and design, system development/deployment and testing, system cutover/rollout, documentation, maintenance and support
- Work closely with department heads to understand their business goals and to help transform data into insightful reports and dashboards
- Collaborate with Project Leads/Users and Tech teams in different countries and time zones
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (both internal and external) to establish project scope and requirement.
The person must have proficient technical, problem-solving, statistical, and communication skills to effectively scrutinize all data and information gathered to its stakeholders. This person must also have strong business acumen.
- Bachelor degree holder in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology or equivalent disciplines
- Demonstrated data engineering skills, using AWS cloud technologies preferably with experience in redshift, ETL (Glue)
- Experience in data and analytics solution design, ETL/ELT, data warehousing and data visualization/reporting
- Knowledge, skill and experiences both relational and document databases and BI tools (such as Power BI, Quicksight & Tableau) is an advantage
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive team player, self-motivated with good working attitudes
- Ability to liaise with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
- 5+ years of relevant work experience