About the Role:
We need a seasoned Product Manager; someone who has a proven track record across a wide spectrum of product development projects; having truly owned a successful product through its life-cycle in their former roles.
The central theme of this role is to be leading Creedon Technologies’ cross-functional teams from each product's conception through to its launch. Our current products:
1) NIX and Nixplay (Consumer) www.nixplay.com
2) Nixplay Signage (B2B) www.nixplaysignage.com
With these, you will be expected to take the lead in these functions:
The Product Manager is responsible for setting a product vision and strategy. Your job is to clearly articulate the business value to the cross-functional product team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release. You own the strategy behind the product along with its roadmap and must work with engineering to build what matters. You will be working closely with the senior executive team in formulating product strategy and long term vision to set up a strong foundation for Creedon Technologies’ growth. You will also form close relationships with the Client Solutions team to understand the difficulties and obstacles they face in performing at the highest level. You will be expected to gather competitive intelligence and first-hand client expectations to build a future-proof back-end and front-end systems for all stakeholders.
You will take the lead in working closely with the Industrial Design and Engineering teams to map out project timelines while understanding and communicating to stakeholders the dependencies that make the timelines possible.
You are responsible to plan what the cross-functional teams will deliver and when they will deliver it.
This holds true no matter which development methodologies are in use. The Product Manager owns the release aspect of product. Responsibilities include knowing when (and when not) to create a master release; managing features and dependencies in and across releases; and managing releases with phases and milestones. You will focus your energies on process optimization, operational efficiency, client retention and gaining competitive advantage through the use of new and existing technology platforms. You will develop a granular understanding of client expectations, industry practices, internal processes to recommend and lead product innovation with the objective of gaining a long-term edge for Creedon Technologies.
Like every organization, we want better ideas -- but it is tough to manage and prioritize them. That is why you as the Product Manager own ideation -- the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. You will lead in collecting, curating, and promoting the most relevant ideas into features. You will drive activity that results in well-considered decisions about which ideas should be promoted to features -- the ones that will achieve key objectives for the product line and business. You will also ensure that key feedback and requests are seamlessly integrated into the product planning and
development processes that you are managing.
As the Product Manager, you will define the features and requirements necessary to deliver a complete
product to market and lead the cross-functional product team to success. You are responsible for
articulating the ‘what’ and working with hardware and software engineering to determine the ‘when.’
You are expected to travel to China as needed to work directly with or source new suppliers, and to understand feasibility of hardware/design features, development lead times and cost impact, all while building a long-term relationship with said suppliers.
You will ensure all proposed features, designs and relevant costs are properly documented and signed-off with senior stakeholders prior to execution.
You are responsible for providing all the necessary information to senior stakeholders for product decisions to be made within project timelines and will usually be the lead resource for the rest of the organization when deep product expertise is required. This includes supporting all Creedon Technologies’ elements that help bring the product to market and working directly with customers in conjunction with marketing, sales, support and finance to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. As part of your job, you will come up with creative product ideas, clearly articulate use cases that will be solved with those ideas, and deliver product launches in an iterative environment.
• Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
• Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
• Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
• Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
• Drive product launches including working with public relations and marketing team, relevant company executives, and other cross-functional product team members
• Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
• Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
• Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
• Conduct usability testing and interviews with customers to determine issues, test product ideas and receive valuable feedback
• Write specifications, use cases, requirements, and workflows to facilitate communication
• throughout the development and release process
• Work closely with the design team to develop auxiliary materials, like videos and other content, to support product development and marketing efforts
• Participate in client-facing meeting to present projects and to collaborate to define launch schedules and KPIs
• Ensure our products meet the regional and international regulatory requirements.
• Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information. Work also with our Customer Service team to harvest information.
• Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraise new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes. Set up an internal product idea forum for other team members to contribute.
• Facilitate inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
• Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
• Keen sense of UX and demonstrated empathy
• Proven track record across wide spectrum of product development projects and launches
• managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
• Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
• Strong technical and analytical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in hardware and software development, mobile and web technologies
• Outstanding follow-through, self-starting attitude, time management, and project management skills to deliver results
• Aptitude for positioning products in the market to sustain competitive advantage
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Experience coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
• Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
• 7+ years’ experience in Hardware and Software Product Development
• Previous successful experience working directly on digital signage or AV/IT clients
• Strong understanding of display solutions
• Must speak and write fluent English. Cantonese and Mandarin is also essential
Your application was submitted successfully.