An experienced Software Development Manager that will manage and grow the team as we continue to expand and deliver new features and functions for the Nixplay platform.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Overall responsible in developing applications that will allow millions of users to manage and control their photos, videos and smart applications on our specialised range of consumer and business connected displays.
- Proactively leads and manages a development team, including work planning and delegation, process improvement, career mentoring, leadership guidance and performance management.
- Provides leadership and vision to engineers developing tools and processes to improve continuous deployment and developer efficiency.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and other internal teams (Product, QA, Design) to deliver software and systems efficiently and to a high quality.
- Guides teams in developing effective processes and best practices.
- Works with other developers to facilitate knowledge transfer and conduct code reviews participates in pair programming; participates in technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Works with users to resolve technical issues and to provide implementation support.
- Contributes to the development of company objectives and principles.
- Achieves goals in creative and effective ways.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Strong interpersonal and interviewing skills with the ability to develop specifications.
- Positive and constructive motivational style.
- 10+ years of software development experience with deep understanding of technologies used on the web.
- 1-2 years of experience managing a Software Engineering team in a production environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of application development in a microservice architecture.
- Solid understanding and work experience with RESTful services.
- Experience developing and deploying applications in continuous integration and continuous deployment model, along with knowledge of related tools (Jenkins or others).
- Source control management, branching, and versioning experience (Git experience strongly preferred).