Overall responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements that users engage with through their web browser when using a web application. Utilize HTML5 and CSS3 to develop effective user interface on the company’s website released to the public. This position is responsible for creating innovative solutions to web design issues to help make the website more visually appealing and enhance usability.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Working as part of the Marketing team, responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Optimising applications for maximum speed
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Manage a junior developer, who will be supporting you in Marketing development projects
This position requires a person who is a tech-savvy professional, curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design. Interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, with a proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of content management systems, e-commerce platforms, CRM and web analytics tools. Shopify Plus experience is a requirement.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.